Irish Pub Beef Stew
Irish Pub Beef Stew is a peasant style stew which is hearty and perfect to make for St. Patrick’s Day. This stew will quickly become a family favorite.
Irish Pub Beef Stew
Author: Real Irish Recipes.com
- 1½ lbs Mutton, Lamb or Beef, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10½ ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10½ ounce) can water
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 4 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- ¼ cup good quality cooking sherry
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- In a heavy skillet brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the soup and water and stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a cast iron dutch oven or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and remove bay leaves
Source: Real Irish Recipes
Sandi’s Sinful Lasagna
This lasagna is so good but please don’t eat it if your dieting because one bite and you cant put the fork down its that’s good!!
Sandi's Sinful Lasagna
- I jar of spaghetti sauce (I use what ever is on sale)
- 1 C sliced mushrooms
- ½ C. chopped onions
- ½ C. chopped green peppers
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 LB of ground beef.
- 1 package of lasagna noodles.
- 2 C. of shredded Kraft Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 C of shredded Kraft sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 C of shredded Kraft Mozzarella cheese
- 1½ C of shredded Kraft Parmesan cheese.
- Brown the ground beef with the mushrooms, onions, garlic and green peppers until meat is no longer pink and the onions and peppers are soft. Mix with the spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- *Boil your lasagna noodles with olive oil (this helps them not stick together) for 8 minutes or until Al Dente, Drain and then put in cold water. They come apart so much easier!!
- *Put 3T of sauce in the bottom of a 9X13 backing dish then layer 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise. Put enough sauce on the noodles, to cover the noodles, (About 1T sauce per noodle) You don't want too much sauce, or it will boil over. Sprinkle with Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- *Layer 3 more noodles on top of the Monterrey Jack cheese, with 3T of sauce, sprinkling that layer with Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- *Layer 3 more noodles on top of the Shredded Sharp Cheddar, 3T of sauce, and sprinkle with Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- *Layer the last 3 noodles on top of the Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Spread 6T of sauce on top of the noodles, and then sprinkle the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top of that.
- *Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil after 30 minutes and bake for another 15 or until all of the cheese melts. Let stand for 5 minutes, cut and enjoy!!
- (You can adjust the sauce on the layers of the noodles, Just be careful, so that its not too much, because it will boil over!)
Homemade Lasagna. My families favorite comfort food. This recipe is very time-consuming but well worth the time.
Author: Freebies for Friends
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅛ teaspoon white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 pound Ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until aldente; drain and set aside.
- Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer ½ of the cheese mixture, ½ of the mozzarella cheese and ½ of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein is so easy to make and so good you won’t need to order take out anymore.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces sirloin tips, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Stir the spaghetti into a pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook it according to the package directions. Drain the noodles well, then return them to the pot and toss them with the sesame oil.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and continue stirring while the mixture cooks for another 30 seconds. Add the sirloin and cook it, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and oyster sauce. Add the soy sauce mixture and the pasta to the skillet and continue cooking, stirring often, for 1 to 2 minutes or until everything is heated through. Serve the Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein hot. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Homemade Sloppy Joes
These Homemade Sloppy Joes will bring back memories of your childhood. Always a family favorite.
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 hamburger buns, split
1. In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns.
Mini Taco’s are a great appetizers to serve at any party. Your guest will love this finger food. Easy and simple to make Only minutes to bake
24 wonton wrappers
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons Pace® Picante Sauce
1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (about 1 cup)
Sour cream (optional)
Sliced pitted ripe olive (optional)
Heat the oven to 425°F. Press the wonton wrappers into 24 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it’s well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir in the taco seasoning mix and picante sauce.
Spoon the beef mixture into the wonton cups. Top with the salsa and cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Garnish with sour cream and olives, if desired. Serve immediately with additional salsa.