This pie is so good and very easy to prepare it will make you think twice before you bake and serve a frozen pie to your family.
Best Cherry Pie
Author: Freebies for Friends
Recipe type: Dessert, Pie
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 (14½ ounce) cans pitted tart cherries, drained and reserving ½ cup juice
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain cherries, reserving ½ cup juice.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Combine cherry juice, food coloring, almond extract and lemon juice.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add cherries and mix well again.
- Add butter and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour cherry mixture into pie crust and finish top with lattice work pie crust.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. I allow it to cool about 10 minutes then top it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream yummy!!!
Best-Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
1 baked 9-inch pie shell
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
6 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups water
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 teaspoons vinegar
3 tablespoons butter
Mix sugar and cornstarch together in the top of a double boiler. Add the two cups of water. Combine egg yolks with lemon juice and beat until well mixed. Add to the rest of the sugar mixture. Cook over boiling water until thick – about 25 minutes. This does away with the starchy taste. Now add the lemon extract, butter and vinegar, and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into deep 9-inch pie shell, and let cool. Cover with meringue, and brown in oven.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
3 egg whites
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Blend cornstarch and cold water in a saucepan. Add boiling water, and cook, stirring until clear and thickened. Let stand until COMPLETELY cold. With electric beater at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, and beat until stiff but not dry. Turn mixer to low speed; add salt and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in cold cornstarch mixture. Turn mixer again to high, and beat well. Spread meringue over cooled pie filling. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
4 Berry Pie
If you love berries then 4 Berry Pie is the pie for you. This pie just screams SUMMER
- 1 (14-oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 (6-oz.) purchased vanilla wafer pie crust or graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, defrosted
COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in large bowl. Puree frozen fruit in food processor or chop finely with knife. Blend into milk mixture. Pour filling into crust. Stir whipped topping. Gently spread over filling.
FREEZE 4 hours or until firm. To serve, remove pie from freezer and place in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until pie can be easily cut.