This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read our Disclosure Policy
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice , (about 1 medium orange)
- 3 garlic cloves,, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (extra virgin)
- 1 green apple, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- bamboo or metal skewers
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Measure vinegar, brown sugar, orange juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a large zip-top bag. Seal and shake to combine. Cut pork chops into 1 1/2 inch cubes and add to the bag, seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to one day.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Remove pork from the marinade, and place the marinade, minus the garlic, in a small saucepan. Heat the marinade to boiling and boil until slightly thickened and reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes. Reserve.
- Skewer the pork, along with the apples and onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan (or your broiler) to medium high. Drizzle pan with a little oil to keep the skewers from sticking. Place the skewers on the pan and grill for 4 minutes. Turn them a quarter of the way around and grill another 4 minutes. Finish grilling the remaining two sides for 4 minutes each, grilling the skewers for a total of 16 minutes. If using your broiler, broil for about 10 minutes total, flipping once. Do not overcook the pork, or it will become tough.
- Serve over rice and drizzle with reduced marinade.
Source : Disney Family