6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 tsp evaporated milk or cream
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups chopped nuts (optional)
1. Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Chop the chocolate into even pieces with a large knife. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
3. Place the softened cream cheese and the evaporated milk in the bowl of a large stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until smooth. (Alternately, a hand mixer can be used.)
4. Stop the mixer, add the melted chocolate, and beat until well-mixed. Stop the mixer again and add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and mix until the fudge is smooth and well-combined. Stir in the nuts by hand, if you’re using them.
5. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and spread it in an even layer. Let it set at room temperature for 2-3 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Source: Kim Hinkle Stanley