Related articles :
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 36 jelly beans
- Break chow mein noodles into small pieces; set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in large saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until the sugar is melted and there are bubbles at the edge of the pan.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over crunched up noodles; toss until completely coated.
- Let cool slightly to avoid burns.
- Butter hands lightly and use approx 1/4 cup mixture to form a compact ball.
- Make indention in the middle of each ball to resemble a bird’s nest.
- Place on waxed paper and let cool completely.
- Place 2-3 jelly beans inside each nest.
- Serve on a bed of green-tinted coconut for extra festive look.